Thursday, December 1, 2011

Update!


Here’s a little update on what I am doing! I just finished teaching the third grade classes about Asia and it was so interesting to learn about and teach about the 2.48 billion people living in un-reached people groups.  I am preparing for the next continent being Australia.  I am going to have my Australian friend skype in to the class and I am so excited! Over the next week, I will be preparing questions and getting skype on an ancient OCS elementary computer.  Technology has been a huge challenge this year! Haha I am still trying to make more contacts and am about to start the book Radical by David Platt.  I need to start looking into Asian history and religion to better minister to Asians.  Before I go on a mission trip I always study culture and history and such to be able to understand them better.  I am trying to minister to a variety of different nationalities and religions and need to catch up.  Last week I did a thanksgiving dinner for about 20 internationals and almost had a brawl between a Taiwanese and a Chinese.  Jesus brought supernatural peace and all was good.  He is so sovereign! But I need to learn about all the racial and political issues of Asia before trying to throw a bunch together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment