Thursday, September 8, 2011

Clay in the Potter’s Hand - Jeremiah 18


“I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated at the feet of Gamaliel according to the strict manner of the law of our fathers, being zealous for God as all of you are this day…” Acts 22:3 In the documentations of the days of Paul’s ministry we get to see how useful being Roman and a highly educated Jew came to him on countless occasions. God has equipped every single one of his children for the things he wants us all to do.  We are just clay in the potters hand.  Just like at the end of Exodus we see God’s calling to the skilled artists to work on his temple.  “I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with ability and intelligence, with knowledge and all craftsmanship…” Exodus 31:3 It makes me ask the question- what has God equipped me with and what is he calling me to do?  In Finding Calcutta, Poplin briefly mentions how English is the official language that unites missionaries around the globe.  As I travel the world I often take for granted that it is not impossible to find English speakers everywhere I have been.  I once heard that if a person were to know Chinese and English that one could talk to one out of every two people in the world.  English is my heart language! That is one thing God has already equipped me with and I have been able to use in countless ways for him.  I have done ESL programs in America along with Nicaragua.  People all over the world want to talk to me simply because I am an American and speak English.  They want to learn English mainly because it is the international business language just like being Roman in Paul’s days.  Jesus came at a perfect time so while so many were under the Roman empire so the gospel was spread rapidly.  Now English seems to be a gospel spreading language.  He has equipped Americans with wealth to take the gospel places and also education.  My Christian education has equipped me in many ways also.  I am prepared for many things this world may throw at me.  Paul was educated under the Billy Graham of that day.  Paul was able to use his education to convince many people of the truth of the gospel.  “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10  

No comments:

Post a Comment