Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Puzzles of Glory

"Truly I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."  Matthew 17:20

I was watching a Ted Talk today of Jared Diamond talking on the collaspe of societies.  I have seen it before, but this time something caught my ears.  He was not talking about God, but I heard the Lord say through him: "there is no problem in the world that a great creator cannot solve."  Recently Will bought me a beautiful puzzle as a count down to wedding gift.  I love puzzles: looking through the hundreds of broken pieces to make a big and whole picture.  I often feel I am a 1000 piece puzzle that can never be put together.  I forget again and again that I have a creator that will make me whole and confident in him.  He sees the big picture and is working to make that picture come together through his ability.  I am just a 1000 puzzle pieces with no power to be made right without my great creator.  The Lord is calling me a greator amount of faith in him.  Faith is all I have because my actions will lead to an even greater amount of puzzle pieces.  I do not have to be anything special, but only clay in the potter's hands.  The greatest things ever done on earth have been done by the most ordinary people.  Jesus' disciples were ordinary people.  I find confidence in this during a time with so many problems and tasks surrounding me.  When forgiveness seems like an impossible problem- the great creator can build it in me (Colossians 3:13).  When having worldly wisdom seems so much easier than living under the wisdom of above - the great creator can transform me (James 3:13-18).  When anxieties overtake my life - the great creator brings piece to the storm (Matthew 17:7).

No comments:

Post a Comment